Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Dia del Zacatecano 2014

Hey there! No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth (yet). Actually quite the opposite has happened. Many wonderful and glamorous and time-consuming memories that I would love to share with you.
*Disclaimer: I am not showing off. I just want to reassure you that I have been productive with the time off from the blog and I want to share my experience with you!

So I participated in a local pageant for the Federation of Zacatecan Clubs which basically is composed of smaller organizations devoted to helping cities in Mexico improve and become stronger.
I had the honor to represent Club villa Insurgentes which is where my family is from and I would like to say that I am incredibly proud of them! For about four years they have been working so hard to fund-raise for the reconstruction of the city library in Vila Insurgentes. This library previously struggled with leaks in the roof and many other problems. It is through this wonderful group of people that all of this has been possible. They have invested large amounts of time to work toward this milestone and I am glad I went on this journey with them and look forward to the next phase of the project which involves furnishing the library with the necessary supplies that it needs.

I won the title of Second Princess of the Federation of Zacatecan Clubs 2014.


These are all of the beautiful girls that participated.
The girl to my left is the Ashley the First Princess of the Federation of Zacatecan Clubs and besides her stands the Queen, Evelyn. We made it through this one guys! To Evelyn and Ashley you both earned it!
I'm looking forward to whatever this year brings!


These are only a few members of Club Villa Insurgentes that came out and supported.
A few members from the Federation getting recognized for their service to the community by the Governor of Zacatecas!!!
The President and the Treasurer of Club Villa Insurgentes petitioning the Governor for help with next phase of the library at the breakfast the next morning. These two people are the brains of the operation. They invest so much of their time for this project and I admire them so much!
The Treasurer of Club Villa Insurgentes receiving her birth certificate from the Governor and the Executive Board of the Federation. She was one of three people that received it and it was well deserved.
I am truly blessed to have been a part of this group since day one. This type of service is the kind that gives meaning to and otherwise limp life. I can't possibly ask for more!


My close up.
A big thanks to everyone that came out and supported! You guys are like my extended family!
I'm about to initiate regular content on this blog so stay tuned for more action and i'll catch ya later!
-Ignis Au



4 comments:

  1. You did great Ignis! It was such a great experience and this year I hope will be a good one! Keep up the great work and I hope to see a lot of you within the Federation. There is a lot of work to be done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is so gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress! congratulations.

    ReplyDelete